Welcome Incoming 6th Graders and New Families!
We are so glad you and your family are joining the Longfellow Community! You probably have many questions about your new school, and we'll be happy to answer all of them! Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
- How do I sign up for zero period music or 7th period jazz?
Simply come to the class the first day of school to register. Zero period students should come to the breezeway inside the Derby Street gate at 8:00 on Aug. 30.
- Does Longfellow have lockers?
No. Students must have their backpacks with them all day. Some students choose to get rolling backpacks.
- Does Longfellow have PE uniforms?
No. Students are required to change their clothes for PE class, but they can wear any clothes that are approriate for doing sports - shorts, sweats, T-shirts, and proper shoes.
You may bring a combination lock to secure your belongings during PE class. PE lockers are not for all-day use, just for your PE period.
- What school supplies do I need?
The teachers require every student to have a three-ring heavy-duty binder which includes
six tab dividers and a zippered pencil case to fit in the binder.
In addition, there are other basic supplies which students should bring to school everyday: 2 pens and 2 pencils, a highlighter, an eraser, a two pocket folder for homework, a 12-inch ruler, and lined notebook paper (3-hole).
- What is the LMS daily schedule?
Click here for the bell schedule.
- Are there any accommodations for 6th graders?
Yes! Most sixth grade classes are held in a building separate from the upper grade
- How will I know the expectations at Longfellow? Is there a guidebook?
Yes! The Student Handbook is printed in the planner you'll receive. If you'd like to review it now, click here for the full text
- How can parents keep up with what's going on at Longfellow?
We recommend parents sign up for the LMS eTree to receive email messages about campus life, announcements, and special events. Parents can click here to sign up for the eTree.
Longfellow Middle School
CO-ED FLAG FOOTBALL - 2019 SEASON
*PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TRANSPORTING THEIR CHILD TO AND FROM ALL ROAD GAMES. CARPOOLING WITH OTHER TEAM MEMBERS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. IF YOU ARE VOLUNTEERING TO TRANSPORT OTHER KIDS, PLEASE BRING A COPY OF YOUR VALID D.L. AND INSURANCE CARD TO MS. DENISE OR OUR SCHOOLS MAIN OFFICE BEFORE OUR FIRST ROAD GAME.
*REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE ON A SPORTS TEAM: ALL STUDENT ATHLETES MUST BE ENROLLED IN THE AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM, PHYSICAL FORM SIGNED BY YOUR DOCTOR AND TURNED IN THE ASSUMPTION OF RISK WAIVER FORM.
* LOS PADRES SON RESPONSABLES DE TRANSPORTAR A SU HIJO HACIA Y DESDE TODOS LOS JUEGOS. EL VIAJE CON OTROS MIEMBROS DEL EQUIPO ES ALTAMENTE RECOMENDADO. SI ES VOLUNTARIO PARA TRANSPORTAR A OTROS NIÑOS, POR FAVOR TRAIGA UNA COPIA DE SU LICENCIA DE CONDUCIR Y TARJETA DE SEGURO A MS. DENISE O A LA OFICINA PRINCIPAL ANTES DE NUESTRO PRIMER JUEGO DE CARRETERA.
* DOCUMENTOS REQUERIDOS PARA SER ELEGIBLE PARA PARTICIPAR EN UN EQUIPO DEPORTIVO: TODOS LOS ESTUDIANTES ATLETAS DEBEN ESTAR INSCRITOS EN EL PROGRAMA DESPUÉS DE LA ESCUELA, TENER EL FORMULARIO FÍSICO FIRMADO POR SU MÉDICO Y HABER ENTREGADO EL FORMULARIO DE EXENCIÓN DE RIESGO.